Thursday, February 28, 2008

"X"tra forgiveness

In A Course in Miracles there is a saying "Love brings up everything unlike itself." Meaning when we make a decision for more love, expansion, empowerment, and healing all the crap we don't want to face comes up to be healed. Last night I gave a sermon on forgiveness based on the Lord's Prayer "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us" (or sins or debts - depending on your tradition). I spoke of exercising daily this prayer and building up your "forgiveness muscle".
Today I get an email from my ex. Haha guess the preacher has to practice what she preaches. I cannot respond to this email due to there being some very good reasons for breaking up - It's Called a Break Up because It's Broken.
Nonetheless I can practice forgiveness and letting go in my heart. Forgiveness is rehab of the heart. It's tough work. It's also a path to peace.

2 comments:

Andy said...

I found the line "It's called a break up because it's broken" intriguing, so I clicked on the link, but the page it took me to was so pink that my eyes wouldn't allow me to read the words. Good luck deciding what to do in response to "the" email, that's never easy stuff. Just a thought...sometimes not saying anything says everything you need/want to say.

Mary Hess said...

That's a great line -- "called breaking up because it's broken" -- but even though it brought a smile to my lips, it reminded me all too quickly of painful history I'm glad to have gotten beyond. I hope you have good friends around you, and can take comfort in their support.