Monday, June 3, 2013

Why Cowgirl Jazz?

I haven't been too attentive to my blog for a couple years. I read a comment someone made of how disappointed they were with me because I didn't list any great jazz artists or really have anything to do with jazz or cowgirls in my blog. For someone who is really into jazz music and a cowgirl that would be disappointing. So why did I name this blog "Cowgirl Jazz?" One because I was a cowgirl as a girl and will always be a cowgirl at heart. Indeed I do love the western culture. Professionally I'm called to move around a lot, so having a horse or any pet is not in my lifestyle. But who knows about the future. Two, why jazz? I love ALL music and I do love jazz but not specifically just jazz music. I think life is jazz. Life naturally is attracted to organizing itself. How life organizes is not in an orderly, predictable way. Life's way of organizing and arranging is messy. Life uses the rules but mixes them up because life will use whatever means and ways to organize. Life does not have order in it's order and yet it is attracted to order. That is how I hear jazz. Jazz the music. Jazz the art. Jazz the life. God is like jazz. God loves, but not how we command God to love. God loves and it can look and feel messy, just like life, yet it all works out. It all works out into orderly creation. Out of chaos came order. From nothing came creation. God is like Jazz. Life is like Jazz. I love God. I love life. I love jazz. Hence, I am cowgirl jazz.

No comments: